Thursday, March 21, 2013

YESTERDAY, I TALKED TO THE ECLECTIC BOOK REVIEW CLUB at the Field Club in Omaha, NE, 69 women, 1 man in attendance. Topic: my novel POWERBALL 33. I was asked to speak for 40 minutes. A writer's dream, right? But when I timed out my talk beforehand, the inspiration, themes, characters, locations, solutions of POWERBALL, I clocked in at 20 minutes. Of course, I could say more about the book, but then elements of the adventure, romance, and mystery that made up the plot would be revealed. Not a good idea. So I opened with the circuitous path I'd taken as both a business and a literary writer. Hurrah, the two separate chapters of my writing life took 40 minutes. They were a gracious audience and we laughed together at some of my life foibles. I left happy and sold several books. As I said yesterday, each writer travels on a different voyage and tells a different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment