Thursday, March 14, 2013

ANOTHER WINTER STORM
BUT writers are a hardy lot. Yesterday (Sunday) during the big weather alert storm in Omaha, several writers (me included) gathered at the Main Branch Omaha Library to read their work published in this year's "Celebrate", a special University of Omaha publication. I called in the morning to see if the book release was cancelled, but no, they decided to soldier on, testing the stamina of the selected w...riters. Snow swept down from the skies, visitbility was poor, streets were slick, but many of the writers showed up, with mufflers and boots in place. I confess my husband drove, but I took my place at the mike and read my poem "Recycling", then also read a piece by a friend of mine, Marty Pierson, who died unexpectedly in January. Then we struggled home on slippery lanes, past stalled cars to our home, sweet home.

No comments:

Post a Comment